How about your Investment IQ?

I scored 16/20 in the Investment IQ test by MoneyControl !! I would have scored less than 10 some months ago before I started this blog. :)

Use this tool to evaluate whether you should manage your investments yourself or whether you should approach/ use a professional manager.

This evaluation will consider your temperament, aptitude and technical knowledge. It should take you between 5 and 8 minutes to answer the 20 questions.

Scores on temperament(5), aptitude(5) and technical knowledge(10) are taken. The qualifying score( 15) is a Moneycontrol recommended benchmark and it refers to the minimum you need to score if you want to manage your money independently.

As I said, I wouldn't have scored 16 if I was not doing this blog. In fact I was very miserable with all this personal finance. But I have learnt that finance is not rocket science and I owe it to my family that I manage our finances better.

Maybe you score less than 15. But does it mean you should start finding a professional manager? Or should you try and build your financial literacy levels. Choice is obviously yours!!

PURPOSE & DISCLAIMER:

For the first time in my life i am doing something that i am good at, in public. This blog is purely a cut-copy-paste work baring a few personal views. Their is a glut of sites, blogs, pages and views about investment & savings. Still understanding and finding the right instrument is difficult. This is an endeavor to simplify the complicated financial jargons and products to make it understood by laymen.

As the URL name suggests, it’s for laymen by a layman of finance. This blog is strictly meant for me, my family and my friends and their few friends. The blog is not meant for experts & gurus of finance.

The author of this page is not a registered financial advisor. One should not construe anything written here to be financial advice. All information is a point of view and is for educational and informational use only.